Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holiday Recap and Ramblings

Hey!  Merry Christmas!  I know I am late, what can I say, its better late than never.  I hope all of you had a great Holiday!

I continued on in my usual holiday tradition, Christmas in Las Vegas with my family. One full week of family time, and time for rest and relaxation.  Where to start. It's always good to go back home and hang with the family.  We are in no way, a perfect group, and we are a functional group, and the family love is always there. Family is hard to talk about sometimes, its usually the ones that you love that most that will drive you up the wall the most.  But nonethe less, the love remains, nothing can ever take that away.

This trip was a first for me.  When I got in my car to leave, I actually started to cry.   There were a few days on that trip my heart was extremely heavy.  I often times get so consumed with my problems and my issues that I forget that others too struggle and often struggle greater than I do.  I can not afford to be self consummed.  I can't let the issues with my car, and my apartment and my finances overtake me.  People are out there hurting, receiving near death news, depressed, and losing loved ones. I had a reality check.  I really did. 

I got to spend some more time with my nephew Alex.  He is such a happy baby, adorable as can be.  He has learned to say my name and we have bonded over Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and BaaBaa black sheep.  My mom has taught him many nursery ryhmes and even though he doesn't know all the words, he trys to sound out the words and its the most adorable thing in the world. 

The Christmas Goodies:
I am very very excited to report that I got a juicer for Christmas!  I was not expecting that!  I have wanted one for some time, just could not afford one.  My mom gave me one.  So if anyone out there happens to read this...I need help.  Email me, some juicing tips.  I have already started to search on the internet for the proper way to do this.  Once I start using it, there will be a product recommendation.

As always my sister always takes care of me.  I got a new purse, new shoes, Bacon Breakfast Buffett, and an overall great time while in town.  I am very proud of my sister, she is moving forward in her life.  Enrolled in school at UNLV..got a grant and is just finding her way in this crazy thing called life.  Big Smiles for my lil sis. 

Friends, co-workers and other loved ones: always bless me, great and small.  I really have nothing to complain about.  I certainly did not have the finances to give as I would have liked to this year.  All I could do is send Christmas cards, and just position myself and my heart to receive whatever came my way. 

So overall a great Christmas and I truly wish everyone's was great.  So here we are 2 days left until 2012 rolls in!  I'm giving myself these last 2 days to re-group...January 1, I'm back on track with my excercising and dieting.  I gotta get the rest of this weight off of me.  It's gotta gotta go and I gotta get it done son!

I'm out...talk to you later.

Kyra

0 comments:

Post a Comment