Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Juice Challenge - Day 6

Here we are back at Monday!  And a rainy Monday morning again in California!    I love the rain, but its has been raining for 4 days straight.  At this stage, I am tired of the rain.  My pre-packing my juices ingredients, worked out rather wonderfully this morning.  It was great to just grab and bag and shove things down the chute of my juicer.

This morning's juice is called Venus.  The recipe came from the wonderful folks at www.earthlyjuicecart.com.  This juice is categorized as an Anti-Inflammatory Juice.  I learned something from their website...venture with me as I share.

Inflammation is the first response of the immune system to infection or irritation. We are all familiar with the classic signs of inflammation (swelling, redness and pain) that occur when we hurt ourselves or have some kind of infection. However recent research has shown that eating the wrong foods can cause inflammation within our bodies.
*Inflammation can be aggravated by diets high in refined or hydrogenated vegetable oils such as those found in margarine, potato chips and baked goods and lots of sugar.
Anti-inflammatory foods, if eaten regularly, can reduce inflammation in the body and bring the problem under control.
This page contains a list of anti-inflammatory foods that if incorporated into your regular diet will help bring balance to the inflammation in your body.
*Try and feature some kind of anti-inflammatory food into every juice that you make, and try to eliminate pro-inflammatory foods from your diet all together.
Thanks to Earthly Juices, they had several Anti-Inflammatory Juice recipes.  So I tried the Venus Juice for 2 reasons: (1) because I love the ingredients and (2) supposedly this juice is supposed to help melt cellulite!  We shall see..I may have to drink this none stop!  LOL!  Here is the recipe:

VENUS

  • 2 Grapefruit (peeled & seeded)
  • 1 Lemon juice (hand squeezed)
  • 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of cardamon
  • 1 tbl Raw Honey as desired and optional if diabetic
The recipe on the website said to blend the above items, but I put the Grapefruit & ginger in my juicer and hand juiced the lemon juice at the end.  I did not add the honey, I love grapefruit juice, so it was not tart to me, but the ginger complimented the grapefruit very well.

This juice is an absolute winner for me!  I bought enough produce this weekend to do this one more time this week.  I was not able to find cardamon in the store, so I also made the juice without it.

And my amateur phot:



0 comments:

Post a Comment