Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday Juice Challenge Day 4 & 5

Day 4 (Dec 1) ...Druid Detox From Leaf Organics
I decided to take the lazy way out with this rainy weather and I got a detox drink from Leaf Organics. It is one of my favorite drinks from Leaf Organics, here are the ingredients:
  • Burdock Root
  • Lemon
  • Ginger
  • apple
  • agave
  • cayenne
A very tasty drink that I am sure you will enjoy.  If you are ever in the Culver City area, please stop by!  http://leaforganics.com/


Day 5 (Dec 2):  Apple, Celery, Fennel, Maca Powder

I have been reading this week about Maca Powder.  This morning I walked into Sprouts, and the first thing that caught my eye...Maca Powder.  I think it was a divine sign!  So this morning, after I juiced my Apple, Celery, Fennel, I added a teaspoon of the Maca Powder to the juice.

My Comments:  It took a while to get the Maca powder to blend in with the juice.  I will need to see how else I can consume it.  I will have to try the powder again, it seems like it altered the taste of my juice.  Not in a bad way, but I love tasting the licorice like flavor of the fennel and I could not taste that today.  I assume maybe the Maca dulled the taste?  Not sure.  But I will keep trying this Maca Powder and see if I notice any change in my energy levels. 

So my juice recipe consisted of
  • 2 red apples (I think Fiji Apples)
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 fennel bulb
  • 1 teaspoon of Maca Powder
And the outcome...An okay taste juice..(I would have been awesome w/o the Maca Powder) LOL! 


See ya next time! I am excited for the upcoming days of juicing...I got so many recipes I want to try this week! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment