Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week in Review...

 What a week...It had many ups and many downs!  But a few things started back up this week!  I started juicing again, and I really did mean to blog every day about the juicing and as you can see that did not happen.  I tried a few new recipes...and they were all yummy!  Started back up my neighborhood walks, not really by choice, but I started them back up!  And today it was almost 80 degrees in Southern California so guess what I did...BIKE RIDE!  My first ride since October 2012..got a tad bit over 10 miles in. 

New Thing #1...Crock Pot Soups Returned!  
I bought a small personal crock pop maybe 2 years ago, that I keep at work.  The beginning of the work week it was extremely cold so I decided to pull out the crock pot and make some soup for lunch.



 Juicing Restarted
Well as I mentioned, I re-started juicing. I only took 1 picture of my juice, and I have forgotten its name.  But here are the ingredients:
  • Romaine Lettuce 4 leaves
  • One apple
  • One Small Beet
  • 1/2 Fennel Bulb
  • 1/2 Cucumber
 





And the New Recipes
I can't remember if I have ever mentioned my love for Chia Seeds on this blog.  But please know that I love Chia Seeds!  I got an email about a 3-detox and one of the detox foods was a Chia Seed Pudding!  I finally Tried it!  The Ingredients:
  • 4 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
  • 1 1/2 Cup of Nut Milk (I used vanilla Almond Milk)
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar (but the recipe said honey)
Shake all the ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.  Believe it or not, it really does jell Up just like pudding and I promise you its tasty.  It has become a snack throughout the week and another way for me to get my Chia Seeds in!  Its a little sweet, so you really can have it as a dessert if you have a sweet tooth.  I know it looks nasty, but its good.  I promise!



For months I had been saving this recipe off of the Fitness Recipes page on Facebook, and agian, decided to try it.   It may sound odd, but the recipe calls for you to blend, spinach, and parmesan cheese in with your eggs and scramble it.  I took that Idea and did something a tad different:
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • handful of spinach
  • 4 eggs
I didn't add any cheese to mine, but I threw it all in and scrambled it.  It was very good, and I think I will do this more often.  It is a great way to get more veggies into my diet! 


My First Bike Ride of 2013
A lovely SO CAL DAY!  Headed to the beach and got 10 miles in!  WooHoo!
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/152986615?user=1940300

Okay now that I have updated you with all things for the week, I guess I will wrap this up.  Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

First of all let me say, thank you for your continued support on my blog, it does mean a lot to me. Second, all of these recipes sound so good! Yummers! I am definitely going to have find a personal size crock pot. Thanks!

Rosie said...

Bike riding sounds so good. I've got to fix my flat and get back to riding. I've had my bike on flat for over a year :o/

Post a Comment