Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Did the Unthinkable...

Well gang...my second BGR event completed.  And boy was it a tough one!  But I finished it, I didn't think I would, but I did.  You never know what you are able to do until you try!  I can say that now knowing without a shadow of a doubt its true.  Today's BGR run was in Santa Monica.  I have been a little nervous to try the Santa Monica Runs, since the coordinator, Monica, is a very experienced runner, and well, I am not!  So after my intimidation...I showed up and it.  She worked with me, at my pace.  Thank God!  But I promise you it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!   We did almost 5 miles.  The link is below, and granted as I went back and looked at the stats, they are not impressive, but I don't care.  I did walk job intervals, for the whole 5 miles.  You've never know looking at the data, but for me it is a big deal.  I love my endomondo tracking tool, but we did have a lot of stop along the route, and I didn't pause it so I know it screws up the data a bit.  We had to wait for some lights to cross and so forth.  But for me, this was a huge accomplishment!  Much Props to BGR - Los Angeles. 

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/nxP5yPvPoRg

I got home, and I am soaked, bra, underwear, shirt..soaked in sweat!  This is my evidence, that a workout was done tonight! 

Well I have nothing more to say.  I am gonna go shower and wash the funk off of me and figure out what I will eat before bed time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment