Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Group Walk #1 ... Completed!

Monday July 23rd...A day I hope to remember for many many years!  Why you ask?  It was the first day of leading off my Walking Group with Black Girls Run (BGR)!  Throughout the day, I had to fight the feelings of anxiousness and fear.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up or finish the walk.  I am amazed that I still ALLOW these thoughts to bombard me.  The BGR girl are so non competitive, why am I tripping?  They are truly and genuinely concerned about everyone moving at their own pace and getting the task done.  That's it!  Again...Why am I tripping?

So I asked Hailey to come walk with me on Monday just in case none of the BGR members showed up.  Surprisingly I had 4 RSVPs; 2 cancelled last minute, so I had a total of 3 walkers, Hailey and 2 BGR girls, well 4 walkers if I count myself in.  It was unusually cold last night, windy and everything, I wish I had brought a jacket, but we pushed through!  We finish just under an hour, and those 2 BGR girls are some speed walkers for real!  I think they probably walked under a 15 minute mile!  Amazing to me!  We completed just a tad bit over 3 miles. Here is the route and my walk data:http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/ol7OJTt1M8o After the Group walk, Hailey and I walked around the park and got another 1.59 miles in..a leisurely stroll. So overall yesterday, covered 4.59 miles.http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/iCY3S0nZZNk On our way back to the car...Hailey found $11 on the floor in the parking lot.  What did we do with it?  We went to Beach Pizza on Manchester and Lincoln and have cheese pizza! It was great!  

Overall a great experience, a great group of girls, and I am honestly looking forward to doing this every Monday.!

BLACK GIRLS RUN & They Rock!

0 comments:

Post a Comment