Friday, July 20, 2012

Heat & Beat

Man yesterday (Thursday) was hot!  I got to do a few new things that I feel like I want to share with you!  So join me on my story telling journey why dontcha ya!

Okay well food-wise an okay day!  On the workout schedule it was interval training.  This week on the 5K training plan is 1.5 minutes of jogging and 2 minutes of walking.  The location this time was on San Vicente on the grassy median

Side Bar:  I have never really walked or jogged on grass before.

I will start by saying this was extremely hard for me.  I died like half way through the route and ended up walking most of the way back!  It was extremely hot outside, the grassy area was not even, I was constantly having to dodge tree roots and uneven grounds and my legs were hurting.  Despite all these issues and negativity, my beloved Endomondo stats came in semi-impressive. LOL!  My time was my best 3 miles and my max speed at some point in this venture was a 13.25 minute mile!  I am not sure when I pulled that off...but I have learned Endomondo does not lie!  And maybe since at some point I was moving quicker than usual is why I died so quickly in the workout.
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/ni9dxdpEIys

After this terrify and exhausting workout, I decided to treat myself to a juice!  I have never been to a juice bar so I was excited.  I have just always created my own juices at home.  So I tried Pressed Juicery in Brentwood.  It was...not really a juice bar.  The juices were already pre-made and bottled, stored in a fridge.  But nonetheless I gave it a shot!  I got Greens 2, which is kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon.  It was pertty tasty! 
Greens 2 - Pressed Juicery




Water Fountain just outside Pressed Juicery




So after we got our juices we sat outside in the little courtyard area just outside Pressed Juicery that had the cutest little rustic/semi-antique looking water fountain.  I love water...regardless of whether  its the beach or a water fountain, water just relaxes me.  


So after this little San Vicente interval training adventure, I take inventory.  My legs are a smidgen sore.  I think running on the grassy area activated some leg muscles that don't get used when running a side walk or asphalt?  Again, I am no physical fitness expert, just voicing my opinion and observations.  

That's all I have for today.  Take Care!  Can't wait for the weekend...it's bike riding time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment