Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Big Tuna Debate...

When I attempted my current weight loss journey, one thing I wanted to do is be more conscience of ingredients.  They are so many additives in our food.  Some things we are eating are not even really food products.  Yesterday while I has having lunch, ( made a salad w/ some canned albacore tuna) I was reading my ingredients and it simply said, Albacore tuna and water.  I love this kind of stuff!  Simple!  No 15 - 20 letter words that I can't pronounce.

So my mind wandered and I started looking up the information for some other Albacore Tuna brands.  Can you believe that all the brands had different nutritional information?  I was surprised..not sure about you!

My analytic mind created a spreadsheet so I could compare the information side by side.   Hopefully this posts correctly on blogger.


The other thing that caught my attention, that the Bumble Bee & Chicken of the Sea Brands all label the tuna in Water.  When you read the ingredients, there is vegetable broth in there!  Kinda doesn't seem like that's right.  We are eating Tuna in Vegetable Broth!

Here are the ingredients listed on the cans:
Bumble Bee Ingredients:  White Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth, Salt, Pyrophospate Added, contains Tuna, soy

Sun Harvest Ingredients:  Albacore Tuna & Water

Chicken of the Sea:  Chunk White Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth (Contains Soy) Salt Pyrophosphate.

So after all is said and done, Sun Harvest you now have a loyal customer! I wish your Tuna was a little cheaper, but for health's sake.  I am a customer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment