Friday, April 13, 2012

Run Your Butt Off - Stage 4

Surprise..I finally decided to move forward to Stage 4 in the plan!

The Stage 4 Workout:
Walk for 3 minutes; Run for 3 minutes do for 5 times
Finish with 3 minutes of walking

Total Workout Time 33 minutes; 15 minutes of which is running!

Personal Thoughts: When I first saw the plan for this stage, I was scared to try to run for 3 minutes. Seemed liked a long time. But when it was all said and done...It was honestly easier than expected! WooHoo..I must be getting in better physical shape!

Treadmill Settings:
Speed: 3.0 - 3.7 mph range
Walked at 3.0 or 3.2 (this helped with the recovery)
Jogged at 3.6 or 3.7
Treadmill Incline Set to 1.0

Treadmill Stats:
33 minutes Total Workout Time
1.85 Miles completed
353 Calories burned
Average Heart Rate 141

This is my first Stage 4 workout so I am gonna try to hang in this stage for a couple weeks! I is a cool idea to think I can jog for 15 minutes now. So I think by hanging out for a while I can work on increasing my speed on the jogging portions.

I did some reading ahead in the plan and Stage 5 recommends signing up for a 5k race. So Im on the prowl for one here in L.A. I can't wait. I have walked many of 5ks but this will be my first attempt at running one! I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment