Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Body: What are you trying to tell me!

I have an unusual topic to talk about. Since Juicing, I have been overly sensitive and perspective about changes in my mood and in my body in general. I feel great from juicing..I convinced myself that all internally has been working efficiently after all I am feeling great!

I noticed yesterday as I went to the "facilities" my stool was a delightful purply reddish color which didn't really alarm me. I knew it was from the beet juice I had...but I had the Beet juice on Monday! Here it was Wednesday and only now is the beet juice making its way through my system? This is what brought on my concern. Normally when I would drink any beets I had same day "purply output". My main question is how long should it take for toxins or even just food & drink make its way through the digestion process?

So I found this on the internet:
Here's how to determine your transient time. First thing in the morning, drink one of the following drinks.

· one ounce of liquid chlorophyll, the juice of one lemon and 8 oz. of distilled water.
· or if you like beet juice, use 6-8 oz. of beet juice. You can buy the juice or make your own if you have a juicer.

Buy a small bottle of liquid chlorophyll that does not have peppermint added. The peppermint added has to strong of a taste for me. The cost is around $8.00

Check to see how long it takes to see green or red in your stools. This is your transient time. Average transient time is around 21 hours.

If your transient time exceeds 26 to 30 hours, then you have a mild case of constipation. If your transient time 31 to 36 you are constipated. If your transient time is 37 to 48 hour you have chronic constipation.

Wow...I have constipation, which is I would have never thought, because I am having a movement every day! I just always assumed it was the stuff I was eating that day! Troubled my this little tid bit of information, I have made myself another Beet juice drink this morning. It was the first thing into my system this morning so I will see how long it takes to move its way through me.

Body Issue #2...now Urine! It smells! So off to Google I go, and found this tidbit on WebMD.
Odor Changes
Urine normally doesn't have a very strong smell. If you get a whiff of something particularly pungent, you could have an infection or urinary stones, which can create an ammonia-like odor. Diabetics might notice that their urine smells sweet, because of excess sugar. In the past, doctors would actually taste urine for this sweetness to diagnose diabetes.

Some foods can also change urine odor. Asparagus is among the most notorious. What people are smelling when they eat asparagus is the breakdown of a sulfur compound called methyl mercaptan (the same compound found in garlic and skunk secretions). If you catch a whiff of something after eating a plate of asparagus, it means that you've inherited the gene for the enzyme that breaks down mercaptan. Not everyone has this enzyme and, therefore, not everyone can smell it.

My urine has been smelling like ammonia..I can call it ammonia now, but yesterday I swear it smelled like I had cleaner sitting in the toilet! So since WebMD says I have some kind of infection...more research I do. There is a wide variety of reasons on this one. Some serious and some not.
What causes urine odor?
Urine odor may be described as foul, strong, musty, sweet, or as smelling like sulfur or ammonia. Urine odor may be caused by conditions that are not harmful (benign) or by mild to serious diseases and disorders.

Benign causes of urine odor
Urine odor may be caused by a variety of conditions that are not harmful or not caused by disease including:

Eating certain foods, such as garlic, onions, fish and asparagus. Asparagus can cause a sulfur-like smell of the urine. The unusual odor should go away after these foods have been digested.

Taking vitamins and certain medications can cause an unusual urine odor as a side effect.

Potentially harmful causes of urine odor
Urine odor may be caused by infection, inflammation, or other conditions of the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) or the reproductive organs. Urine odor can also be caused by diseases that affect the urinary tract as well as other organs and body systems.

Causes of urine odor related to the urinary tract include:

Cystitis (bladder inflammation or infection), which can produce a foul urine odor

Prostatitis (inflammation or infection of the prostate gland)

Urinary tract infection, such as a bladder infection or kidney infection (pyelonephritis), which can produce a foul urine odor

Urine odor can be caused by other diseases and conditions including:

Dehydration, which can produce an ammonia-like urine odor

Liver failure, which can produce a musty urine odor

Maple syrup urine disease, which produces a sweet, caramel-like urine odor

Rectal fistula, an abnormal opening or connection between the rectum and other areas of the body

Untreated or poorly treated diabetes, which produces a sweet or sugary urine odor

I wish there was a class or some material out there about the body. Cause noticeing the changes in our body can let us know when something is not function properly. Maybe I should have gone to medical school instead of business school. I would love to make sense of all of this stuff! But I know juicing does change the body..so I am not overly alarmed by anything, my body does have to sync up with its new healthy eating and lifestyle. But the changes good and bad are being noticed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment