Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quinoa Trial #1 - Monday Nov 15

I read somewhere that Quinoa was a very healthy food.  So I went to Trader Joes and picked me up some.  Today at work I made me a small portion of it just to try.  It actually is not bad.  I added blueberries, cinnamon, & agave nectar to it to flavor it.  With out the "flavoring" it does not taste like anything.  Quinoa is very high in Fiber, in just the 1/4 cup serving I made there was 4g of fiber and 6g of protein.  Not bad.  Now the down side to the increased fiber intake:  Around 1:30pm at work, I had the worse gas imagineable!  And it was the kind of gas that needed to be released; keeping it in, just made it more uncomfortable and painful.  Good think I have a can of Glade Air Freshner in my desk at work!  I think I will give continue to give Quinoa a try.  Earlier this year I did try a high fiber diet and it did work wonders, so I will try increase my fiber intake on a daily basis, and track it on my food log & blog. 

So here is how the day went:

First breakfast
     White Chocolate Latte
     PepperJack Cheese Croissant

Second Breakfast
      1/4 cup Quinoa
      1 teaspon Flax Seed
       1 cup of blueberries
       1 teaspoon agave nectar

Snack  (you would think after all of the above no snack would be needed!)
     1 cup of Brussel Sprouts

Lunch
     1 can of Campbells Savory Vegetable Soup
      **Tidbit, Savory is in the title of the soup.  The soup was in no way, shape or form...savory!

Dinner
     El Pollo Loco 4pc dinner w/ beans & salad!!  This is hilarious to me!
As you can clearly see, this was definately an day of overeating.  Did I really need all this food?  Absolutely NOT! 
Total Calories for the day:  2,447! 
Total Fiber Intake:  25.5
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=cruz809
No excercising today.  I left work went to the store and got home and ate and washed my hair and attempted to do a wet set on my own. I was absolutely certain it would turn out a disaster, but I was plesantly surprised when I got up this morning.  It look decent once it dried.  I have little curlies.  I look like  a little kid! 

KC
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment