Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday started off early. I was up at 2:30am at the gym @ 3am.  I was a bit reluctant about being back in the gym.  I have not been since the middle of December.  I downloaded this app on my Iphone called Get Running: couch to 5K running plan.  So I said what the hay day, lets give it a shot.  I am to run 3 days a week on this plan.  The first day (today) the plan called for a 30 min training session in intervals.  Run for 1 minute, walk for 1:30 minutes.  Not to bad sounding huh?  It was actually doable.  Once I started the app it had a little coach that came on, and told me the goal for the session.  It talked to me every now and again, through the session.  I told me when warm up and cool down started.  It told me when to start & stop running, and when to start & stop walking. All in all I was pretty darn impressed! Gotta love free apps on the Iphone and this is definately one I plan to continue to use!

AM Workout
     30 minute Treadmill  406.9 calories burned.  1.79 miles completed. 
     **At some point I want to be able to get to finish at least 2 miles in 30 minutes.  I need to run/walk faster I guess

**Brief Sidebar:  Once I left the gym, I was starving.  My little mind told me to go to Denny's for breakfast.  I Drive to the Denny's by my house and guess what?  They were closed!  I was shocked.  Then my mind said, go to Jack in the Box, they are also open 24 hours.  I drove down to Jack in the Box and guess what?  Jack in the Box was closed too! So I drove my little self to 7-11 and got me 2 bananas & a bottle of vitamin water.

The weather was beautiful this weekend.  I spent alot of time outside.  But not much time walking or doing anything active.  It is hard to get yourself back to physical activity after being lazy for so long.  Oh WEE!  Even though I did not make it to excercise, I was mindful about my food intake.  I did have a splurge of wingstop on Friday, adn then Mexican Food on Sunday.  But the Mexican Food was my only meal for the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment