Thursday, May 24, 2012

KO'd by Kickboxing!

Kickboxing Room
I finally made it to Kickboxing class!  I chickened out of class on Monday, and I almost did the same today!  I am very glad I went.  I got to the gym about 4pm; class started at 4:30.  The instructor came in and I went to talk to him.  I told him it was my first time and he said...and I quote, "Oh okay, well Move at your own pace, do what you can, do you have gloves".  I said yes, I have gloves.  I am gonna try this and when I feel like I am going to pass out, I'll leave!  He says, "You are not in competition with anyone else.  Move at your own pace.  Some people leave early, some people come in late.  But do what you can.  As you come more, you'll be able to do more!"  I was standing there with my jaw on the floor!  I think that is the first time any Group Excercise Instructor had that attitude!  I am glad he said that, it made me feel comfortable and let me work at my own pace without feeling like I had to keep up with the crew!  Class was intense, in addition to the boxing and kickboxing moves, we had drills.  We had to run, jumping jacks, lunges, squats...etc.  You get the point.  He kept us moving!  I liked the class though!  I will have to make it a regular thing on the schedule!  I just hope I will be able to walk and move my arms on Friday! 

Here are the eats for the day (overall not a good food day)

Breakfast:  Sausage McMuffin & Hashbrown from McDonalds; White Chocolate Latte

Mid Am Snack:   Apple
Salmon & Mustard Greens
Lunch:  Salmon & Turnip Greens;    
              Slice of Red Velvet Cake

Dinnner:  Sad to say after I did kickboxing...I went to KFC!  Horrible food choice I know.  But I had to get Coleslaw for the potluck at work, it only made sense that I would grab dinner while I was there!  I had 2 pieces of chicken, potato wedges, & corn on the cob!

After Dinner Eats:  Apple & Celery juice; Good for re-hydrating the body.  I made a nice big 20 ounce glass of juice and I am sipping it and blogging at the same time!

Workout:
60 minutes of Kickboxing
10 minutes of Treadmill (trying to make time pass before kickboxing started)


I have been and am always intrugued by the benefits of certain fruits and veggies!  So I decided to share with you the health benefits of both celery & apples.  Who would have thought something so simple as an apple and celery could do so much for our health

Health Benefits of Celery
Some of the many health benefits of celery include:
  • A rich source of sodium and potassium the juice of celery makes an excellent electrolyte replacement drink, ideal for both dieters and to rehydrate the body after a hard work out.
  • Calming and stress releasing - lowers blood pressure.
  • Contains coumarin compounds that are said to have anti-cancer properties, and may help migraines.
  • A natural diuretic, helping to flush toxins from the body.

Health Benefits of Apples

The well known saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" may well be true! Apples are great in juices, but to make the most of their amazing cleansing and detoxifying properties be sure to eat them whole with their peel, and add them to smoothies and puddings too. Apple skins contain anti-cancer chemicals, and beta-carotene.
Apples are rich in pectin a type of soluble fiber which can:
  • Remove toxic metals such as lead, mercury, and aluminum from the body.
  • Improve the health of the intestines.
  • Help reduce high cholesterol.
Apples and their juices:
  • help protect the lungs from the damage caused by smoking.
  • contain malic and tartaric acids which reduce the spread of bad bacteria in the guts, and reactivate beneficial gut bacteria. Studies at Cornel University discovered apple extracts reduce colon cancer by over 40%.
  • have a high mineral content, and are great for healthy skin, fingernails, and hair.
Well that is all for me tonight.  Time to get quiet and go to bed.  I won't be staying up late tonight, and hopefully I don't walk up at midnight again. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment