Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tuesday Blues Day

I was in a funk most of the day.  I almost didn't go to the gym after work.  I walked out of the building and I kept having that conversation in my head...go to the gym, no I'm tired, I'm just gonna go home.   But Kyra If you don't go now, you know you are not gonna go later.  I know, I'll go to the gym now then.  But I really don't want to, I think I'll just go home.  Kyra just go to the gym and do what you are supposed to do.  Okay, I'll go. That was just a re-enactment of the conversation in my head.  LOL!

Here is the boring stuff, my eats for the day:

Breakfast:   the other 1/2 of my spicy Chipotle Burrito from El Pollo Loco

Mid AM Snack:  Large White Chocolate Latte (as you can see I was to quick to say I went a day without it)

Lunch:  Salad (lettuce, chicken, cabbage, tomato, cucumber, italian dressing); 4 Ritz Crackers

Dinner:  2 pieces of Popeys Chicken & 1 biscuit!  LOL!  It was so tasty!  I couldn't resist, it was 99cent Tuesday!

After Dinner Snack:  Granny Smith Apple, cheese crackers

So today's workout, was another installment of the Run Your Butt of Program.  I'm Still in Stage 4, which is the 3 minute walk, 3 minute run intervals. Stats wise, I am doing better.  I was able to run a bit faster this time and I felt okay.  And I was able to get in 2 miles in those 33 minutes, which is now my new personal goal.  I try to walk & jog faster so that I can at least get 2 miles in.

Treadmill Stats - I know I am in violation of the Run Your Butt of Program.  The book says not to focus on the data on the treadmill console, but I keep track anyways!  I am not obsessed with them but I try to do better every time I do the program.
Workout Time: 33 MInutes
Distance: 2.06 Miles
Calories Burned:712
How'd I feel:  I was okay, but I had some killer shin splints in my left leg!  And in all honesty, I don't even know if I could consider it a shin splint.  I could literally feel like a little muscle in the front of my leg was extremely tight.  Like it just did not want to stretch out and let my foot flex properly. I never went away, it stuck with me the whole 33 minutes on the treadmill!  But I made myself continue going!

Our weather here in California is overcast and rainy again, so trying the program outside has not yet happened. Hopefully our Summer weather rolls in soon, so I can train more outside and really be prepared for a 5k race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment