Friday, January 20, 2012

Run Your Butt Off (RYBO): Stage 2 Workout 1

I am back on task with my Run Your Butt Off Program. I think I did stage one back in December. Stage 1 consisted of walking for 30 minutes 3 days a week. On to Stage 2 I go:
Stage 2 Workout
  • Walk for 4 minutes; Run for 1 minute (repeat 5 times)
  • End with 4 minutes of walking
  • Total Workout time: 29 minutes, 5 of which are running
  • Do this workout at least 3 or four times in week before moving to the next stage
  • ***Tip: Run slowly, Make your run no faster than your walk**
Stage 2 Workout: Session 1 January 20, 2012
Treadmill Set to Manual w/ 1.5 incline - did 30 minutes; added an extra minute to the last 4 minutes

Treadmill Statistics:
     Average Heart Rate: 152
     Distance: 1.62 miles
    
I did all he walking parts @ 3mph;  the running parts is did between 3.6 - 4.2mph
The book says on this stage to run slowly.  Then it says how slow is slow? Here is how you tell, If you are running and thinking, when is this minute going to end?  YOU ARE RUNNING TO FAST!  Hilarious. I mentioned that because when I attempted to run at 4.2mph, I was thinking when is this minute gonna end, it was truly one of hte longest minutes of my life.  Now that I have varied my speeds on this first workout, I feel most comfortable running at 4mph.  I'll stick to that for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment