Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Decisions

Decisions have never been easy for me.  My mind is analytical, and I can and usually analyze everything before making a decision.  I weigh the pros and cons of each choice.  But there is always an unknown in each equation.  My desire is to do what is right...I can't afford any more mistakes and I don't want any regrets.   I then get led back to a devotion from Aug 21, 2010:
Believe Me for the difficult and impossible.  You cannot change a person's mind to suit you.  Even I, the Lord, leave decisions up to my children.  Their choices are not always wise.  I try to lead them by way of wisdom and truth.  But in the final analysis, the decision is theirs.  But you have two especially powerful tools to change the impossible - wisdom and prayer.  By wisdom you know what to do and what not to do, what to say and what not to say.  And by praying with faith, you can move mountains and do the impossible.  Gird yourself with the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  The difficult and impossible become easy and possible. 
It amazes me, how one negative comment this morning has caused me to second guess a decision I made weeks ago.  And it bothers me even more, that I allow the negative comments of people to affect me like this.  These people are not living my life or living with the struggles I struggle with.  I am not trying to say that I am the only one struggling..that is not the case, we all struggle.  But until you have spent 32 years in my shoes you will never understand my pain, my hurt, my struggles, my frustrations.  Cast judgement, cast your opinion all you want.  Yes it bothers me, but I believe one day it will no longer bother me.  In the end my happiness, my peace, and my health  is what is important.  You may never understand the reasons behind my decision...but my decision came by way of prayer.  And yes I did and still do have a choice.  But I have made my choice..your opinion is irrelevant. 

(In case you are reading this Linga, I am not talking about you.  Thanks for you help and encouragement! )

Kyra
Fit for Purpose

0 comments:

Post a Comment