Friday, August 27, 2010

Month One in Review...

August 28th came so quickly!  That being said, its been my first month of committed excercise and eating better.  Yes committed...I have had many false starts!  This time it is a committed effort, a real push and determination to do better, to do right, to be healthy and more importantly to be in the will of God. 
It has been a hard month.  Full of obstacles, trials, temptations, frustrations, disappionments & discouragements...But...it all worked together for my good! 

Things I have learned during Month One
  • There is a cost for each and every bad choice
  • Be mentally prepared to fight.  This journey is also about mental toughness & stamina
  • Don't give up
  • Just move...Be mobile...Do Something!
    • Yes, I can do all things, but I have to do!!  The Holy Ghost is a helper not a doer.  So once I am doing, He can help!  ~~Thank you Bishop Ellis! 
  • Stay alert, be watchful, stay in prayer to gain instruction and strength
  • Stop trying to justify what I do.  wrong is wrong, right is right. 
  • Don't be short sighted.  This is a journey!
    • Journey:  a traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time - Random House Dictionary
  • Be patient...Endure to the End
    • The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, but he who endures to the end shall be saved. 
  • Knowledge is no good if it's not put to use.  Put to use the things you have learned about eating & excercising.  I can honestly say God has put some people in my life over the last 6 years that have taught me alot. 
  • This I did not learn during this month, but it is something I always want to keep in the forefront of my mind.  God will get the Glory out of my weight loss..so I say this now and will say this daily on the journey...TO GOD BE THE GLORY! 
Month One Weight Recap...
Starting Weight on 7/28/10:  377lbs
Weight on 8/9/10:                 361lbs
Weight on 8/25/10:               363lbs
Total Weight loss for the month:  14 pounds!   Wooohoooo!!
That is something to celebrate!!!  Thank you Jesus for real...cause this was a hard!  I thank you for making this journey with me!  I love you!

Kyra


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment