Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Wow..today was a rough day.  Gave into my cravings this morning and had a mega breakfast that was like 1500 calories.  So I had to eat light the rest of the day.  Other than the crazy breakfast, the rest of my eats were okay.  I got back to my water drinking today...Got my 64 ounces in!  Hooray

Todays Eats:
     Breakfast (this is bad)
     3 eggs scrambled w/ 1/2 cup of raw spinach
     croissant
     White Chocolate Latte

    Lunch
     Salad with chicken & italian dressing

    Dinner
    Atkins Protein Shake
Total Calories for the Day:  1917 (this is bad & ugly)
Daily Food Journal

Now for the Ugly part of the day!  I went to the gym finally!  It was been 5 days since my last workout.  I now know I can't go this long without a workout.  I felt like my heart was going to stop!

Workout (the Ugly)
     Treadmill 30 Minutes  calories burned 282.9
      Elliptical 15 minutes   calories burned 120.80
**yes I only did 15 minutes on the elliptical, my heart really felt like it was gonna stop!  I was struggling okay!  Have some compaassion!  :0)

    Weight Training:  Leg Press Machine:  180 lbs + weight of the bar, did 3 sets of 12.  And my calves cramped up like nobodies business in the middle of my first set.  I tell ya this workout was just Ugly...very sad, pathetic, embarassing....and all those other adjectives!

Well I am home earlier than usual so I will get some Daddy & me time in.  I have been missing in action all this week...Oops.  Today I was given a word of encouragement that touched my heart.  I am grateful for these things, cause it reminds me that God is forever watching me, and he knows my every struggle and desire.  The scripture comes from 2 Corinthians 8...The scripture is talking about giving, but I know God sent it to me regarding my dieting & excercise.
So here is what I think:  The best thing you can do right now is to finish what you started last year and not let those good intentions grow stale.  You heart's been in the right place all along.  You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it...
So go to it!  I love it.  That is my slogan for the day...Go to It! 
Night all!

Kyra

0 comments:

Post a Comment