Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today was a really hard day.

Wow, today I struggled with my workouts and eating like it was my first day of dieting and excercising.  I was hungry for the majority of hte day and made some very bad food choices.  I did get 2 workouts in, but my evening work out was a struggle and a push to make it to the end.

AM Workout:
Leg Presses: 3 sets of 12 reps; 100lbs + the weight of hte bar.
Lat Pull Down: 3 sets of 12 reps; 70lbs
Back Extensions: 3 sets of 12  reps.
No Cardio.

Eating
I started the morning off with a protien shake, about an hour after my work out.
At about 8am I had oatmeal.  But I was still hungry.  I ate a bowl of fruit (watermelon, grapes, & cantoulope).  I finally started to feel satisified.

Early afternoon I grab a bag of doritos.  Then ate my lunch, boiled chicken with broccoli & bell peppers.  I drank a can of Minute Maid Lemonade. At about 2:30pm someone brought me pickles!  I love pickles.  I ate them all...I think I ate about the equiv of 3 pickles.  As I type that I am grossed out by the fact I ate 3 pickles. 

Evening Workout
Before I even get into my evening workout.  I experienced bad soreness today.  I had issues getting in & out of my chair at work.  Walking in my heels caused my calves & thighs to hurt more, I had to use the handicap bathroom stalls so I could use the rails to pull myself up off the toilet!  I was a mess today!

But I left work and like a determined eagle...I headed to Kenneth Hahn Park to walk and get my cardio in.  My goal was to get around the track 3 times which is about 2.75 miles.  The first 2 laps were very hard and I was walking very slowly, those two laps took almost 35 minutes!  In the midst of lap 3, my lower back kicked up a pain like I have never felt.  I stop and sat at a bench and started to do some stretches for my back.  Low & behold..it relieved the pain, so I guess my lower back muscles were tight from this morning.  I finished out the last lap.  I spent a total of 55 minutes at the park.  Not my best cardio workout, but at least something got done today.

I got home not to long ago, and I am not hungry!  So I think all I will do for the remainder of the night is get some water in me, spend some daddy & me time, and hit the sack.  Tomorrow is another day with a whole new set of goals! 

Kyra
Fit for Purpose

1 comments:

Post a Comment