Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Don't Believe the Hype! - Organic can be cheaper!!!

For the last few months, I have been buying as much organic produce as I can.  I ran out of my apples, I have been buying from Sprouts.  So this morning, I opted to go to my local grocery story for some apples.

I get to Ralph's supermarket and regular (non-organic apples) were $1.79 a pound!  I almost hit the floor!  Are they nuts?  $1.79 a pound?  Highway robbery!    At Sprouts, I can get regular (non organic) apples for like 88 cents a pound, and at times they are on sale for 49 cents a pound.  I have only bought organic apples from Sprouts once, but ya better believe it was way cheaper than $1.79 a pound.

So what is the moral of this story?  Everyone seems to think that buying organic food is expensive and costly.  I say that, cause I used to think that way.  When done correctly, you can buy organic produce at a lower price than the regular pesticide contamined produce!  And the organic produce taste so so much better! 


Sprouts Farmer's Market...this post is dedicated to you!  I love you and I am so gratefully that you are in my life!    Visit a Sprout's Farmer's Market in your area!   View Sprouts Farmer's Market Online


Apples @ Ralph's $1.79

0 comments:

Post a Comment